Do We Complicate Life too Much Sometimes?
I am going to remind you of some of the previous Time Out’s this week. Sometimes it is all about keeping it simple.
- Take “Time Out” when you feel stressed, or set aside a few minutes per day to just ‘be.’
- Try to focus on what is happening right now instead of thinking of all the other things that need doing.
- Don’t lose contact with your friends. It is great to have someone to share with.
- Move on, don’t dwell on things that have happened that you have no control over. If you have made mistakes, learn from them and leave them behind.
- Practice some lateral thinking while problem-solving.
- Do we have to check our email or Facebook more than once a day? Some of that time might be better spent…
- Do something nice for someone else. It creates a “feel-good” feeling for both of you.
- Isn’t it nice when someone tells you that they appreciate what you have done? Return the favor, voice your appreciation aloud.
- Listen and really hear what someone is saying without interrupting and giving advice unless it is asked for.
- Believe that you are enough.
- Smile : )
This is one of the poems our nursing home residents wrote in the creative writing group. I think the simplicity of it speaks for itself. It is just called “Tea.”
A cup of tea,
Just for me.
It came in a pot,
And was nice and hot.
I really enjoyed it,
And why not?
Have a great week, and work on keeping it simple!
Activity Coordinator & CQO at Maria’s Place
Find out what Nichole wrote about loving yourself here.