The Beach Ball I Use is About 1 1/2 Foot in Diameter.
This exercise works well in a group and group members get good enjoyment out of watching each other take part. It is good for hand-eye coordination, concentration and is an exercise for the arms and hands.
As you will see in the video below, I usually do each movement three times in a row in a group situation. More times if I am working with an individual.
1. First, the ball is thrown at the person; they catch it and throw it back.
2. I ask the participant to hit the ball back to me using both hands flat. Then the same movement, first with one open hand, then the other.
3. Now the same exercises as above using fisted hands.
4. We bounce the ball to each other, first, they catch and throw, then they hit it back.
5. Then I roll the ball towards them and ask them to kick it back with an upwards motion.